"I often put together this yummy chicken and pasta combination for my daughter and her family," writes Donna V'Dovec of Veradale, Washington. "All she has to do is heat and serve it with a salad or vegetable for a filling meal that tastes great."
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Fold in the macaroni
- and chicken. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle
- with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until
- bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with low-fat mushroom soup, low-sodium broth and reduced-fat cheese) equals 268 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 420 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.