Chicken Macaroni Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Fold in the macaroni and chicken. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (prepared with low-fat mushroom soup, low-sodium broth and reduced-fat cheese) equals 268 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 420 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Chicken Macaroni
"It made the perfect not-your-typical Cinco de Mayo dinner. I added chicken broth granules and some taco seasoning to the water in which boneless chicken breast were boiled. I also used 1/2 cup of the water as the broth in the recipe and considered boiling the pasta in the same water. Maybe next time. We will surely be making it again."
"This comforting dish is easy to put together and so tasty."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.