- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 5 ounces uncooked bean thread noodles or spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients and 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a large bowl; cover with water. Let stand 30 minutes or until noodles are translucent and softened. Drain noodles. Using scissors, cut noodles into 4-in. lengths. (If using spaghetti, cook according to package directions until al dente; drain.)
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken mixture; stir-fry 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- In same pan, combine broth, mushrooms and remaining soy sauce; bring to a boil. Add noodles and chicken; cook and stir until noodles are tender. Remove from heat; sprinkle with green onion. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Long Rice in Taste of Home Recipes Across America 2013, p406
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Long Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review