- Place chicken in the freezer for 15-20 minutes or until it begins to
- freeze. Cut into 1-in. pieces. In a food processor, cover and
- process chicken in batches until ground.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, soup
- mix, parsley, horseradish, salt, garlic powder, sage, thyme and
- pepper. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a loaf; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until no pink
- remains and a meat thermometer reads 165°. Let stand for 10
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter until
- tender. Add the broth, rosemary, salt and white pepper. Bring to a
- boil. Combine cornstarch and wine until smooth; gradually stir into
- mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened.
- Slice chicken loaf; serve with gravy. Yield: 10 servings.
Editor's Note: You may substitute 2-1/2 pounds ground chicken for the chicken breast halves and thighs.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice with 1/3 cup gravy equals 290 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 807 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.