Chicken Lo Mein Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 pound fresh snow peas
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger, soy sauce and sherry or broth until smooth. Add chicken and stir to coat; set aside. In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon granules in hot water; set aside. Cook linguine according to package directions.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry mushrooms, snow peas, red pepper and green onions in 1 tablespoon canola oil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 3. In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken mixture in remaining canola oil for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in dissolved bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return vegetables to skillet.
- 4. Drain linguine; add sesame oil and linguine to skillet. Toss to coat. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 328 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 515 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chicken Lo Mein
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.