Chicken Livers Royale Recipe
I'm a retired home economics teacher, but my son does most of the cooking around here. As a matter of fact, he created this delightful dish, which is truly "fit for a king"!
- 1/2 cup seasoned croutons
- 1 pound chicken livers, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 16 pitted ripe olives, halved, optional
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Coat four individual 10-oz. custard cups or ramekins with cooking spray. Divide croutons among dishes; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute chicken livers in 1 tablespoon oil for about 8 minutes or until outsides are lightly browned and centers are still slightly pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and place over croutons. Discard drippings from the skillet.
- 3. In same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion, garlic and olives if desired in remaining oil until vegetables are tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and place over chicken livers. Sprinkle with bacon; top with spaghetti sauce. Break an egg into each dish, then sprinkle with cheese.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until whites are completely set and the yolks begin to thicken. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 454 calories, 27g fat (9g saturated fat), 739mg cholesterol, 579mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Livers Royale
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC