- until meat is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Transfer to a food processor; cover and process until coarsely
- chopped. Add the butter, 1/4 cups walnuts, Cognac and salt. Cover
- and process until smooth. Transfer to prepared bowl. Cover and
- refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours.
- To serve, unmold pate onto a serving platter. Press remaining walnuts
- onto sides of pate. Arrange green onions and a few figs on top.
- Place lettuce around pate. Sprinkle remaining figs over lettuce.
- Serve with baguette slices. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/3
To Make Ahead: Pate can be made a day in advance; cover and refrigerate.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without onions and lettuce) equals 285 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.