Chicken Liver Pate with Walnuts and Figs Recipe
- 1 cup dry red wine or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dried figs
- 1 pound chicken livers
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted, divided
- 2 tablespoons Cognac or brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Red leaf lettuce
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), sliced and toasted
- In a small saucepan, bring wine to a simmer. Remove from the heat; add the figs. Let stand for several hours or overnight; drain. Cut figs into quarters. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Line a 3-cup bowl with plastic wrap and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken livers, broth and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Transfer to a food processor; cover and process until coarsely chopped. Add the butter, 1/4 cups walnuts, Cognac and salt. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to prepared bowl. Cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours.
- To serve, unmold pate onto a serving platter. Press remaining walnuts onto sides of pate. Arrange green onions and a few figs on top. Place lettuce around pate. Sprinkle remaining figs over lettuce. Serve with baguette slices. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Chicken Liver Pate with Walnuts and Figs(1)
Sort By :
I've made this for 2 very different groups of guests and it "sold out" both times. Guests actually took some home for later. It's pretty and it tastes as good as it looks.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Meat Appetizers >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >