Chicken Little Sliders Recipe
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup canned crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Dash salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 18 heat-and-serve rolls, split
- 18 small lettuce leaves
- 1. In two small bowls, combine the salsa and mayo ingredients; chill until serving.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the egg, peppers, milk, mustard, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into 18 patties.
- 3. If grilling the burgers, coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- 4. Stir cheese into salsa. Spread rolls with mayo; top each with a lettuce leaf, burger and 2 tablespoons salsa mixture. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 slider equals 207 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer