Chicken Lima Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 pound dried large lima beans
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 3 quarts water
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, sliced
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, combine the beans, chicken, water, celery, bouillon, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours or until beans are tender.
- Remove chicken. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones; discard bones. Cut meat into bite-size pieces; return to pan. Add carrots; simmer for 30 minutes or until tender. Stir in spinach and parsley; heat through. Yield: 12-14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Lima Bean Soup(3)
Sort By :
I thought this recipe may have been too plain to be really tasty. OMG, this soup is delicious and I am so glad I was willing to try it...exceeded my expectations.
Super, super soup! I have never had anything like this before and thought we'd give it a try. It was excellent!