Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup julienned green onions
- 12 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 3 minutes; drain. Add the mushrooms, water chestnuts and ginger; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and remaining oil. Stir in the carrots, onions and chicken mixture.
- Spoon onto lettuce leaves; sprinkle with almonds. If desired, fold sides of lettuce over filling and roll up. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Lettuce Wraps(29)
Sort By :
Awesome recipe...simple to make. Better than resturant!
I made these chicken lettuce wraps for Superbowl Sunday. I used walnut oil instead of peanut oil, chipotle BBQ sauce in place of soy sauce, substituted marcona almonds for sliced almonds and used Gardein (Safeway) veggie chicken instead of boneless chicken breasts. I added sections from 1 grapefruit (from our backyard). These were delicious.
We really liked the flavors. We used roasted peanuts in place of the almonds and wished we had green onions. We also used romaine because it is what we had on hand. Some fried rice on the side would have been great and will be prepared for the next time this dish shows up. Oh yeah, we also didn't add any oil.
I added 1 teaspoon of HOISON Sauce. I used half as much peanut oil and the rest of the amount in sesame oil. It was really good!
We loved these! They taste delicious with the sauces!
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >