Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup julienned green onions
- 12 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 3 minutes; drain. Add the mushrooms, water chestnuts and ginger; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and remaining oil. Stir in the carrots, onions and chicken mixture.
- 3. Spoon onto lettuce leaves; sprinkle with almonds. If desired, fold sides of lettuce over filling and roll up. Yield: 6 servings.
2 wraps equals 230 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 278 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Sort By :
"I searched Taste Of Home for something light and easy. The store didn't have any ginger root so I left that out. It was a fresh easy supper. I loved the water chestnuts in it."
"This is a keeper! These were Delicious and easy! I also used a sweet chili dipping sauce."
"Easy to make & Great taste"
"We didn't care the sauce. If we made this again, we would def try another sauce."
"Easy to make and great taste, we'll definitely be having again."
"Awesome recipe...simple to make. Better than resturant!"
"I made these chicken lettuce wraps for Superbowl Sunday. I used walnut oil instead of peanut oil, chipotle BBQ sauce in place of soy sauce, substituted marcona almonds for sliced almonds and used Gardein (Safeway) veggie chicken instead of boneless chicken breasts. I added sections from 1 grapefruit (from our backyard). These were delicious."
"We really liked the flavors. We used roasted peanuts in place of the almonds and wished we had green onions. We also used romaine because it is what we had on hand. Some fried rice on the side would have been great and will be prepared for the next time this dish shows up. Oh yeah, we also didn't add any oil."
"I added 1 teaspoon of HOISON Sauce. I used half as much peanut oil and the rest of the amount in sesame oil. It was really good!"
"We loved these! They taste delicious with the sauces!"
"My daughter loves lettuce wraps so when she was in town visiting I pulled out 4 recipes I had collected to try. We had our own little "bake off" and this recipe was our favorite!"
"This was a bit bland, but I added Sweet Thai Chili sauce, and everyone LOVED it!!"
"Nice and light lunch"
"I doubled the recipe, except the lettuce. You will have enough lettuce, and the leftovers tasted better the next day!"
"The whole family loved this recipe!"
"This was very tasty. My kids loved them too!"
"The amount of carrot called for somewhat overwhelms the rest of the salad. Used sesame oil in the dressing rather than peanut oil, and still found it bland. Had a little leftover the next day, and it was even blander then."
"It was kind of bland and a lot of chopping."
"I made this tonightand it delicous. I bet cashews would be good on top. I put rice noodles and they were good also. I will be makingthis again."
"Excellent light meal with delicious Asian flavors."
"This recipe was really good, but I marinated the chicken in some of the teryiaki sauce prior to cooking and then added more at the end as the recipe suggested. I think that made it even better."
"We enjoyed this recipe a lot. The filling is also very good over chow mein noodles."
"This is so very tasty. My husband can't wait for me to make it again."
"Tasted great & works with my diet."
"great flavor! very easy and quick to make!"
"Too fussy, and the garlic powder is a turnoff."
"years ago when i worked for Copperweld Corp. we had a wonderful chinese lady who worked there. one day she made something very similar to these and the were out-of-this world incredible. she called them chinese tacos."
""mmm, that hit the spot!" Are the exact words of my husband. Incredibly refreshing! The only substitute I made was replacing the peanut oil with sesame seed oil. This was just because I couldn't find peanut oil... However, I am going to continue making it with sesame. I also Grilled the chicken in an electric griller and cut the amount of oil for the chicken and vegetables in half. Just to cut back on calories. Loved it!"
"It was good, but I don't think I will make it again."
"I made this for dinner last night exactly as the recipe was written. My husband and I both enjoyed it with a side of roasted sweet potatoes that I coated with ginger, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder. My husband said I could make that meal any night of the week and it would be fine with him!"
"Thank You! Girls night out tomorrow!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.