- 1 packet stir-fry seasoning powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup diced water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 head of romaine lettuce (inner leaves only), or 2 heads of butter lettuce and /or radicchio
- For garnish: Mint, cilantro, bean sprouts, chopped peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine stir-fry seasoning, water, soy sauce, lime
- juice and sugar. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken meat and use a wooden spoon to break up the meat. Cook until browned, about 10
- minutes. Add red bell pepper, water chestnuts, scallions and red
- pepper flakes and cook 5 minutes. Stir in reserved stir-fry seasoning mixture. Cook until liquid evaporates, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve in lettuce cups garnished with mint, cilantro, bean sprouts and chopped peanuts. Yield: serves 6 to 8.
Reviews for Chicken Lettuce Cups
"These were a big hit with the family. They weren't expecting much out of ground chicken. I only garnished with cilantro as that was all that I had on hand. Already have requests to make again."
"Great recipe! Only substitution i made was: I did not add mint (did not have any) and I made my own stir-fry seasoning powder using garlic powder, onion powder, and ground ginger (u can also add a little cornstarch to it but i did not). Even the hubby approved."
"This was sooooo delicious! Thanks for sharing it. I love to add veggies to recipes (even this wonderful healthy one) I added 3 finely chopped celery and 3 carrots, grated, to the veggies. Your recipe is awesome!"
"This recipe was so easy to make and the chicken was so flavorful. They're a little messy, but aren't all lettuce wraps?"
"It is a quick recipe but the flavor is not what I expected. Romaine even inner leaves not the correct lettuce. Okay but not right."