Chicken Lasagna Rolls Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or water
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, saute onion, red pepper and almonds in butter until onion is tender and almonds are toasted. Stir in cornstarch and salt until blended. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Transfer half of the sauce to a large bowl; stir in chicken, spinach, pepper and nutmeg. Spread about 3 tablespoons over each lasagna noodle. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- 3. Add milk, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese and wine to remaining sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Pour over roll-ups.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 717 calories, 34 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 1,404 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.