Give this good-for-you lasagna a try. It's a great change of pace from the more traditional lasagnas featuring ground beef.—Marilynn Hieronymus, Sedalia, Missouri
Recommended: 50 Great Ways to Make Lasagna
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed reduced-fat reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 8 ounces reduced-fat process American cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add mushrooms; cook until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in soup, milk, pimientos and basil. In a bowl, combine the chicken, American cheese, cottage cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Spread a fourth of the mushroom sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles, half of the chicken mixture and a fourth of the mushroom sauce. Repeat layers of noodles, chicken and mushroom sauce. Top with the remaining noodles and mushroom sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley and remaining Parmesan. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Lasagna in Country Woman January/February 2001, p37
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review