Give this good-for-you lasagna a try. It's a great change of pace from the more traditional lasagnas featuring ground beef.—Marilynn Hieronymus, Sedalia, Missouri
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed reduced-fat reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 8 ounces reduced-fat process American cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add mushrooms; cook until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in soup, milk, pimientos and basil. In a bowl, combine the chicken, American cheese, cottage cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Spread a fourth of the mushroom sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles, half of the chicken mixture and a fourth of the mushroom sauce. Repeat layers of noodles, chicken and mushroom sauce. Top with the remaining noodles and mushroom sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley and remaining Parmesan. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Lasagna in Country Woman January/February 2001, p37
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2013
"This is THEE BEST chicken lasagna ever. Have made it numerous times all with rave reviews."