- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked rice
- Place potato in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, cinnamon, bay leaf and cloves in oil until onion is tender. Add the chicken, garlic, curry and ginger; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, salt and potato.
- Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from the heat; discard cinnamon, bay leaf and cloves. Stir in sour cream. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Korma(20)
Sort By :
My picky kids loved this! Next time I won't cook the potatoes as long, they didn't hold up to mixing. I kept most everything the same, but I added diced carrots to sauté with the onion because my kids will only eat carrots if they are cooked and mixed in something, so I thought I'd add some. They cleaned their bowls!
We enjoyed this, the whole spices made the dish smell great while cooking. The potato was a nice addition, it added texture to the dish. Quite tasty, and very easy to make. Family all agreed, it's a keeper!
Made this a second time, but used 12 ounces of diced buttercup squash (instead of potato), which I sauted with the onion, and used canned stewed tomatoes (instead of fresh). Turned out nicely.
This was my first try at Indian cooking. We liked it, but more, I liked how energetic I felt after eating it! Such a good healthy dish! He was saying that he liked to eat it after playing sports, and I agree! And it smells wonderful.
Yum! Yum! Yum!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >