Chicken Kiev Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 envelope (2-3/4 ounces) seasoned chicken coating mix
- 1. Combine the butter, onion, parsley, garlic powder, tarragon and pepper. Shape mixture into six pencil-thin strips about 2 in. long; place on waxed paper. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. Flatten each chicken breast to 1/4 in. Place one butter strip in the center of each chicken breast. Fold long sides over butter; fold ends up and secure with a toothpick. In a bowl, beat egg and milk; place coating mix in another bowl. Dip chicken, then roll in coating mix. Place chicken, seam side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear. Remove toothpicks before serving. Microwave Directions (timing based on a 1100-watt oven): Place chicken in a greased glass pie plate. Microwave on high for 2-1/2 minutes. Turn plate; microwave for 1-2 minutes or until juices run clear. Let stand 5 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 252 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 464 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Kiev
"Very tasty. I used boneless thighs and it was very juicy and tender. I didn't have chicken coating mix so I sub seasoned bread crumbs with seasoning salt added. I baked it til it was over 165F internal temp and didn't microwave it."
"Great! Make sure you don't overcook."
"Great recipe! My family enjoyed it."
"We like Dark Meat so I used thighs instead. It worked great!!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.