- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 envelope (2-3/4 ounces) seasoned chicken coating mix
- Combine the butter, onion, parsley, garlic powder, tarragon and pepper. Shape mixture into six pencil-thin strips about 2 in. long; place on waxed paper. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. Flatten each chicken breast to 1/4 in. Place one butter strip in the center of each chicken breast. Fold long sides over butter; fold ends up and secure with a toothpick. In a bowl, beat egg and milk; place coating mix in another bowl. Dip chicken, then roll in coating mix. Place chicken, seam side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear. Remove toothpicks before serving. Microwave Directions (timing based on a 1100-watt oven): Place chicken in a greased glass pie plate. Microwave on high for 2-1/2 minutes. Turn plate; microwave for 1-2 minutes or until juices run clear. Let stand 5 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Kiev in Taste of Home December/January 1995, p35
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Kiev
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2012
"Great! Make sure you don't overcook."
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2012
"Great recipe! My family enjoyed it."
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2009
"We like Dark Meat so I used thighs instead. It worked great!!"