Chicken, peaches and veggies are treated to a delightful glaze. These kabobs pack in flavor. Serve with couscous or rice, and dinner’s served! —Sharon Ricci, Mendon, New York
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cans (5-1/2 ounces each) peach nectar
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium peaches, cut into chunks
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, curry, cinnamon and chili powder. Gradually stir in the peach nectar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the chicken, peaches, onions and peppers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear, turning occasionally and basting with nectar mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Kabobs with Peach Glaze in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010, p26
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Kabobs with Peach Glaze
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review