- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 4 ounces reduced-fat smoked turkey sausage, diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery with leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- In a large nonstick skillet lightly coated with cooking spray, saute chicken for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the next 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in tomatoes; cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Jambalaya
Sort By :
"this recipe was awesome! it was my first go at jambalaya n it was delicious. my boyfriend has acid reflux so i ommited the tomatoes. instead of celery i cut up zucchini, n the dish was soooo good! We both enjoyed it and my coworkers were jealous the next day when i had leftovers for lunch. This 1 dish i will definitely keep around and make more often. I may use shrimp next time."