As a working mom, I'm always thrilled to find foods that suit our busy life-style. This recipe from my mother-in-law is frequently on our weekday menus.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Dip into eggs, then coat with crumbs. In a large skillet, heat
- butter and oil. Saute chicken and garlic over medium heat, turning
- chicken once, for 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove to
- a serving platter; keep warm. Add broth and lemon juice to skillet;
- simmer for 2-3 minutes or until volume is reduced by half. Spoon
- over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 322 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 187 mg cholesterol, 858 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as