As a working mom, I'm always thrilled to find foods that suit our busy life-style. This recipe from my mother-in-law is frequently on our weekday menus.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dip into eggs, then coat with crumbs. In a large skillet, heat butter and oil. Saute chicken and garlic over medium heat, turning chicken once, for 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove to a serving platter; keep warm. Add broth and lemon juice to skillet; simmer for 2-3 minutes or until volume is reduced by half. Spoon over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Italiano in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Italiano
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review