Chicken Italian Recipe
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 4 pounds each), cut up and skin removed
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links, sliced
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1. In a large roasting pan, combine the first 13 ingredients. Place the chicken and sausage over tomato mixture.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until chicken is tender and juices run clear, basting occasionally with sauce. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 296 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 995 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.