Chicken in Wine Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce
- 1. Arrange chicken in a round microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine wine or broth and lemon juice; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with onions and thyme.
- 2. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes. Turn chicken; cook 1-3 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm, reserving juices.
- 3. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in 1/2 cup reserved juices. Discard remaining juices. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-90 seconds or until bubbly, stirring twice. Stir in browning sauce. Serve over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (5 ounces) equals 164 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.