In Lake Havasu City, Arizona, Amy Jo Cleveringa turns to her microwave to cook this tender flavorful chicken. "We always have the ingredients for this quick dish on hand," she says.
Featured In: Fig Recipes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce
- Arrange chicken in a round microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine wine or broth and lemon juice; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with onions and thyme.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes. Turn chicken; cook 1-3 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm, reserving juices.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in 1/2 cup reserved juices. Discard remaining juices. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-90 seconds or until bubbly, stirring twice. Stir in browning sauce. Serve over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken in Wine Sauce in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p39
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken in Wine Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review