Chicken in White Wine Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken in oil for 1-2 minutes on each side. Add broth and wine; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 165 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.