Chicken in White Wine Sauce
Want to welcome dinner guests with a healthy meal? This saucy chicken will wow them with its moist and tender texture and golden brown coating. —Lucia Johnson, Massena, New York
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, paprika
- and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken
- in oil for 1-2 minutes on each side. Add broth and wine; bring to a
- boil. Remove from the heat.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 165 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,