Chicken in the Garden Recipe
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Hot cooked rice, noodles or biscuits
- 1. Place broccoli and mixed vegetables in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with chicken. Combine the soup, milk, mayonnaise and curry; pour over top.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with rice, noodles or biscuits. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 442 calories, 28g fat (9g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 695mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for Chicken in the Garden
"I was trying to use up leftovers, so I probably used more like 4 cups of chicken...otherwise the amounts of everything stayed the same. I didn't have any cream of mushroom soup so I used cream of chicken. It was delicious! I think I'll make it exactly the same next time."
"This was very good; however, next time I would cut back on the amount of chopped broccoli to 2 cups or 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen size."