Chicken in the Garden Recipe
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Hot cooked rice, noodles or biscuits
- 1. Place broccoli and mixed vegetables in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with chicken. Combine the soup, milk, mayonnaise and curry; pour over top.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with rice, noodles or biscuits. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup (calculated without rice, noodles or biscuits) equals 442 calories, 28 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 695 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken in the Garden
"I was trying to use up leftovers, so I probably used more like 4 cups of chicken...otherwise the amounts of everything stayed the same. I didn't have any cream of mushroom soup so I used cream of chicken. It was delicious! I think I'll make it exactly the same next time."
"This was very good; however, next time I would cut back on the amount of chopped broccoli to 2 cups or 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen size."