Chicken in Sweet Pepper Sauce Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper; add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter on both sides until no longer pink. Stir in the broth, wine or additional broth and yellow pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in the tomato and cilantro. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 317 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 632 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.