Chicken in Sweet Pepper Sauce Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper; add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter on both sides until no longer pink. Stir in the broth, wine or additional broth and yellow pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in the tomato and cilantro. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken in Sweet Pepper Sauce in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 45
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken in Sweet Pepper Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >