- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed (7 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients; rub over chicken. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, and wine; stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Thicken the sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken in Sour Cream Sauce
Sort By :
"I thickened the sauce and served over rice. My husband and ten-year-old really enjoyed it! Since it is just the three of us, we had a fare amount of left overs. So, I shredded the leftover chicken into the mushroom sauce and will serve over biscuits later in the week."
"Very good for first round, but needs a little kick of something. Maybe some onion would do the trick. Will definitely make again."
"Awesome recipe and it cooks in the slow cooker ---What could be better!!!!! I just squeeze on fresh lemon juice before i add the seasoning. I'm not a lemon-pepper fan. I also season a little extra for more flavor."
"Fantastic! We made this the other night and it was SO EASY and TASTY that there wasn't anything left over! I have never had chicken this tender and MOIST!"
"My family and I really liked this recipe. It was super easy served with rice and a side veggie. I wasn't organized enough to use the crock pot. I cooked this in my dutch over and instead of using lemon pepper, which I didn't have, I added the juice of a fresh lemon. It was great! I will make it again and I would try it in the crock pot too...one of these days."