Tender chicken is deliciously dressed up in a flavorful cream sauce with fresh mushrooms. "This is an excellent entree for your family or guests," writes Jane Carlovsky of Sebring, Florida.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed (7 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients; rub over chicken. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, and wine; stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Thicken the sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken in Sour Cream Sauce in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p53
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken in Sour Cream Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review