These petite pies with their hash brown crusts are so pretty that I like to serve them for special luncheons. Chock-full of meat and vegetables in a creamy sauce, they're a meal-in-one...and a great way to use up left-over chicken or turkey. —Helen Lamison Carnegie, Pennsylvania
- 4-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, butter, salt and pepper. Press into six greased 10-oz. custard cups; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add the flour, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce and basil. Stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and peas. Spoon into prepared crusts.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken in Potato Baskets in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p25
Reviews for Chicken in Potato Baskets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review