Chicken in Potato Baskets Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, butter, salt and pepper. Press into six greased 10-oz. custard cups; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add the flour, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce and basil. Stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and peas. Spoon into prepared crusts.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken in Potato Baskets(14)
Sort By :
Family hit the second time I made these. I actually partially cook my hashbrowns in the microwave before shaping them in the ramekins. I also like to sprinkle shredded cheddar or colby cheese before baking. Just adds another depth of flavor.
This was very good. I made it years ago but forgot about it. I need to make it again.
Love this! Have made it lots of times already.
Delicious! My whole family loved it & said "it's a keeper". I didn't have custard cups so I used a 9x9 square dish & layered the hash brown mixture on bottom, then poured the filling on top. I used cubed hash browns and it worked well. Bake as per recipe. Highly recommend!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >