- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 5 thick-cut Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 to 3 medium ripe pears, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings; set bacon aside. Gradually stir broth into the drippings, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add pears; return to a boil. Boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until pears are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add the chives. Gradually stir into pear sauce; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in bacon. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken In Pear Sauce
"It would be great if someone else made but for all the pans and work was not worth it. I can see where it would be impressive at dinner party."
"My husband and two small sons loved this! I skipped the chives and used turkey bacon. I was almost out of chicken broth, so used half apple cider instead."