Chicken in Mushroom Sauce
"My father thinks a restaurant could make a fortune with this flavorful chicken," writes Kathy Gallagher from La Crosse, Wisconsin. Bacon and sour cream add richness to a simple sauce that really dresses up everyday chicken.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup and sour cream;
- pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until
- chicken is tender. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 340 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 720 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.