"My father thinks a restaurant could make a fortune with this flavorful chicken," writes Kathy Gallagher from La Crosse, Wisconsin. Bacon and sour cream add richness to a simple sauce that really dresses up everyday chicken.
Recommended: Our Favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup and sour cream; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken in Mushroom Sauce in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p45
Reviews for Chicken in Mushroom Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2013
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2009
"Wow! This was so simple and I almost always have these ingredients on hand. I served this over steamed rice and my husband and I just loved it! Thanks so much for such a great recipe. We'll definitely have this again."