Chicken in Mushroom Sauce for Four Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the mushrooms and onions. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender; drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same dish, melt the butter. Stir in flour until smooth; add the yogurt, water, broth, bouillon and pepper. Stir in mushroom mixture.
- 3. Arrange chicken in another 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; top with mushroom sauce. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, stirring sauce twice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with about 1/2 cup sauce equals 232 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.