You won’t have to heat up the kitchen to prepare this saucy microwave entree. “I’ve made this recipe for covered dish dinners, and it always goes over great, writes field editor Betty Claycomb of Alverton, Pennsylvania.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the mushrooms and onions. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender; drain and set aside.
- In the same dish, melt the butter. Stir in flour until smooth; add the yogurt, water, broth, bouillon and pepper. Stir in mushroom mixture.
- Arrange chicken in another 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; top with mushroom sauce. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, stirring sauce twice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken in Mushroom Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p22
Reviews for Chicken in Mushroom Sauce for Four
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review