Chicken in Mushroom Sauce for Four Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the mushrooms and onions. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender; drain and set aside.
- In the same dish, melt the butter. Stir in flour until smooth; add the yogurt, water, broth, bouillon and pepper. Stir in mushroom mixture.
- Arrange chicken in another 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; top with mushroom sauce. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, stirring sauce twice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken in Mushroom Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p22
Reviews for Chicken in Mushroom Sauce for Four
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2009