- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the mushrooms and onions. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender; drain and set aside.
- In the same dish, melt the butter. Stir in flour until smooth; add the yogurt, water, broth, bouillon and pepper. Stir in mushroom mixture.
- Arrange chicken in another 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; top with mushroom sauce. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, stirring sauce twice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken in Mushroom Sauce for Four
"I have made this dish on several occasions. Tonight I didn't have yogurt and substituted sour cream, and omitted the green onion, however it is delicious with the onion. It is an easy and quick recipe for those busy weeknights. My family like the gravy on noodles or bread. This is a must try if your family likes mushrooms!"