I created a new title for my mom's pot pie recipe while trying to come up with a clever menu for our Presidents' Day Party. An old political slogan came to mind that fit the theme and my main dish just fine! It's chock-full of chicken and vegetables. -Mary Beth de Ribeaux, Gaithersburg, Maryland
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- 3 to 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken, broth, peas, carrots, soup, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine the biscuit mix, milk, garlic powder and celery seed (mixture will be thin).
- Pour hot chicken mixture into eight greased ovenproof 10-oz. custard cups or casseroles. Immediately spoon 1/4 cup of biscuit mixture evenly on top of each. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken in Every Pot Pie in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p37
Reviews for Chicken in Every Pot Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review