Chicken in Every Pot Pie Recipe
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- 3 to 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken, broth, peas, carrots, soup, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine the biscuit mix, milk, garlic powder and celery seed (mixture will be thin).
- Pour hot chicken mixture into eight greased ovenproof 10-oz. custard cups or casseroles. Immediately spoon 1/4 cup of biscuit mixture evenly on top of each. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chicken in Every Pot Pie
Sort By :
"Very easy to make, very good and creamy."
"Our family loves this quick and easy pot pie. I have tweaked it a bit to make it even easier. I use frozen mixed vegetables and cream of chicken soup since my daughter doesn't like mushrooms. When my daughter-in-law comes over I use gluten free baking mix. After Thanksgiving, I boil up the carcass, gather the meat scraps and broth to freeze for a quick pot pit at a future date. It has become a family favorite."
"My husband and son (who complains about everything that isn't pizza) really liked it. My son even went back for 2nds and 3rds. My husband likes a crust on the bottom so I used a store bought refrigerated crust and the bisquit mix on top. I cooked it for 15 mins at 425 and then 35 minutes at 350. I used a 9" pie plate and it didn't all fit so I put the leftover in a small casserole dish with bisquit mix on top. Next time I will try a 10" pie plate."
"Jimmy doesn't like this but didn't say anything till I had already fixed it. He said this was not all that bad."
"This recipe is great! I use pie crust in place of the biscuit mix."