Chicken in Creamy Gravy
You only need a few ingredients and a few minutes to put this tasty main dish from Jean Little on the table. A burst of lemon in every bite makes it a well-received standby at her Charlotte, North Carolina home.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lemon slices
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil 5-6 minutes on both
- sides or until browned.; drain. In a large bowl, combine the soup,
- milk, lemon juice and pepper. Pour over chicken. Top each chicken
- breast with a lemon slice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until for
- about 5 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 232 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 644 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.