Chicken in Creamy Gravy Recipe
You only need a few ingredients and a few minutes to put this tasty main dish from Jean Little on the table. A burst of lemon in every bite makes it a well-received standby at her Charlotte, North Carolina home.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lemon slices
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil 5-6 minutes on both sides or until browned.; drain. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, lemon juice and pepper. Pour over chicken. Top each chicken breast with a lemon slice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until for about 5 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken in Creamy Gravy in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p60
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken in Creamy Gravy(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >