Chicken in Baskets Recipe
"My family loves this quick delicious meal," says Cheryl Miller of Robesonia, Pennsylvania. No one has to know the impressive entree starts with packaged pastry shells, canned soup and frozen chicken and vegetables.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:3 servings
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen diced cooked chicken, thawed
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1. Bake pastry shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the soup, chicken, vegetables and milk. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until bubbly. Cut the top off each pastry shell; fill with chicken mixture. Replace tops. Yield: 3 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 713 calories, 38 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 1,297 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC