Chicken in Basil Cream Recipe
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place milk and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with crumbs.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook chicken in butter for about 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170° Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Add broth to the skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; stir to loosen browned bits. Stir in the cream and pimientos; boil and stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat. Add the cheese, basil and pepper; cook and stir until heated through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup sauce equals 493 calories, 37 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 177 mg cholesterol, 536 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.