Chicken in Basil Cream Recipe
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place milk and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook chicken in butter for about 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170° Remove and keep warm.
- Add broth to the skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; stir to loosen browned bits. Stir in the cream and pimientos; boil and stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat. Add the cheese, basil and pepper; cook and stir until heated through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken in Basil Cream
Sort By :
I love creamy sauces and "fried" chicken...I, however, do not like pimientos, so I used a can of Rotel instead. I also used a Parmesan cheese blend(melts better). I didn't use fresh basil, but I did use a quality dried basil and it came out fine. I've never used fresh basil before, so I don't know the difference...lol I LOVE THIS DISH!!! I have cooked it twice so far and it will be one I turn to often.
The fresh basil is a must!!! Very good.
I have been cooking for my husband for 23 years and never have I received such rave reviews. My kids all loved it too! Will definitely make again.
My family loved this recipe. They kep saying how moist the chicken was. Delicious.