- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place milk and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook chicken in butter for about 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170° Remove and keep warm.
- Add broth to the skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; stir to loosen browned bits. Stir in the cream and pimientos; boil and stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat. Add the cheese, basil and pepper; cook and stir until heated through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken in Basil Cream
"We loved this recipe! I also used a can of Rotel instead of pimientoand shredded Parmesan and Romano mix. ... and thighs instead of breasts. So delicious! Put it in my recipe box."
"Love this recipe! I've made it three times now. The basil cream makes the dish look so elegant and the flavor is amazing, smooth, and just the right amount of basil flavoring. This dish appears difficult but is so simple and easy to do. This recipe will be one I make many times!"
"Easy to make"
"The chicken and the sauce turned out delicious~ this really is a 30 minute meal. It is a very easy recipe that even a beginner cook could make. I also left out the pimentos and it turned out excellent!"
"This dish is very easy and delicious. I make it with chicken tenders instead of breast. The left over sauce is good on potatoes or rice. Looks hard and company will think you are a gourmet cook, but this really is easy and very pretty looking. Fresh basil is a must to get the best results."
"I make this very simply dish all the time. Absolutely excellent!"
"This was delicious. I left out the pimentos mainly because I didn't have any, and used dried basil instead of fresh. I also used chicken tenders instead of breasts, and it was fantastic. Will definitely make it again."
"I love creamy sauces and "fried" chicken...I, however, do not like pimientos, so I used a can of Rotel instead. I also used a Parmesan cheese blend(melts better). I didn't use fresh basil, but I did use a quality dried basil and it came out fine. I've never used fresh basil before, so I don't know the difference...lol I LOVE THIS DISH!!! I have cooked it twice so far and it will be one I turn to often."
"The fresh basil is a must!!! Very good."