- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place milk and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook chicken in butter for about 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170° Remove and keep warm.
- Add broth to the skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; stir to loosen browned bits. Stir in the cream and pimientos; boil and stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat. Add the cheese, basil and pepper; cook and stir until heated through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken in Basil Cream
"This was as delicious as it was easy and quick to make! I used fresh parmesan and the fresh basil was the icing on the cake. I used chicken quarters because that's what I had. I am going to try the sauce on shrimp over pasta next."
"Easy to make"
"The chicken and the sauce turned out delicious~ this really is a 30 minute meal. It is a very easy recipe that even a beginner cook could make. I also left out the pimentos and it turned out excellent!"
"This dish is very easy and delicious. I make it with chicken tenders instead of breast. The left over sauce is good on potatoes or rice. Looks hard and company will think you are a gourmet cook, but this really is easy and very pretty looking. Fresh basil is a must to get the best results."
"I make this very simply dish all the time. Absolutely excellent!"