Chicken in a Pot Recipe
It takes just minutes to get this satisfying supper ready for the slow cooker. And at the end of a busy day, your family will appreciate the simple goodness of tender chicken and vegetables. "It's one of our favorite meals," says Alpha Wilson of Roswell, New Mexico.
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the carrots, celery and onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with chicken. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken in a Pot
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC