- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the carrots, celery and onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with chicken. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken in a Pot in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p45
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken in a Pot
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review