- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the carrots, celery and onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with chicken. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken in a Pot in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p45
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken in a Pot
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2010
"Easy and moist chicken."
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2010
"I made this dinner for my in-laws on Easter Sunday...it was a hit and so easy!"