- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the carrots, celery and onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with chicken. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken in a Pot
"I have made this chicken in a crock pot before and it turned out very nice. Very easy, tasty, and no fuss. Great for a Sunday dinner one pot meal. I would definitely recommend this recipe. I would also add some herbs like rosemary, and thyme! Delicious!"
"Easy and moist chicken."
"I made this dinner for my in-laws on Easter Sunday...it was a hit and so easy!"