Chicken in a Haystack
"This is probably one of the quickest meals in my recipe file and a wonderful way to please picky eaters," shares Helle Watson of Thornton, Colorado. Youngsters will love "stacking" their favorite toppings over this creamy chicken and rice combo.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup water
- Hot cooked rice
- Cooked peas, raisins, pineapple tidbits, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced ripe olives, chow mein noodles and/or mandarin oranges
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the soup, chicken and water. Cover
- and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Serve
- over rice. Top with toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 201 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 638 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.