Chicken Hot Dish Recipe
- 1 package (26 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup french-fried onions
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the potatoes, vegetables and chicken. In a large bowl, combine soups and broth; pour over chicken (dish will be full).
- Cover and bake at 375° for 1 hour. Uncover; sprinkle with french-fried onions. Bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Hot Dish(10)
Sort By :
I used seasoned chicken. Husband and 1 son said it was a make again dinner.
I have made this dish many times in the past several years, often for guests. I have adjusted the recipe a bit to give it more flavor -- I use Better than Bouillon instead of broth, use most of a large can of the onions, and it definitely needs salt and pepper. Guests always say how good it is and I've been asked for the recipe several times. I have also used a variety of vegetables, and sometimes I increase the amount of chicken.
Family loved it. I added 1/2 tbl chili powder to the soup mix. It gave it a little kick.
I really didn't like this at all. It was totally flavorless. A waste of time and ingredients, as far as I'm concerned.
i put onions/garlic/salt/pepper/and some other spices in this recipe after reading previous comments and i still thought it was bland. Looks nice, but taste doesn't match!