- 4 cups (32 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons each celery salt, garlic salt and paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 24 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 24 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 4-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups butter melted, divided
- In a several large resealable plastic bags, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings; add chicken. Seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove chicken and discard marinade. Place 1 ham slice down center of each chicken breast. Fold chicken over ham; secure with toothpicks.
- Place bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Place in three greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Pour about 1/4 cup of butter over each dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; baste with remaining butter. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Remove toothpicks. Yield: 24 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Ham Supreme
"Excellent make-ahead dish for company. It's a frequent "go to" when I want to prepare the entr?e the day before and refrigerate until baking. Always a guest pleaser."